How to live stream the Grand Premiere of the Better Angels Documentary!
Better Angels: Reuniting America watch parties will begin at 8:00 pm ET on Friday, May 17th. The live showing will begin at 8:30 pm ET. Following the hour-long documentary, there will be a Q&A with film director and four-time Emmy award-winner Jim Brown, film producer and musician Peter Yarrow, Better Angels President David Blankenhorn, and red and blue Ohio documentary stars Greg Smith and Kouhyar Mostashfi
If you plan to watch on your computer or mobile device:
The live-stream will be hosted on our website at www.better-angels.org. It will also be hosted on our YouTube channel and our Facebook page.
If you want to watch from your TV:
Many of our members — especially those who will be hosting watch parties — want to be able to show the live stream on their television.
This will require playing the live stream from your computer while your computer is connected to your television.
The easiest way to connect a computer and television is through an HDMI cable. To connect your devices, simply plug one end of the HDMI cable into your computer, and one end into your TV. If you don’t have a cable, they are easily purchased online, such as for $7 at Amazon.
Please note that the vast majority of computers have HDMI ports. If your computer does not have an HDMI port, you will also need to obtain a USB / HDMI converter, which are also readily available online.
Here are the steps for connecting using the HDMI cable:
1. Locate the HDMI ports. An HDMI port resembles a thin, wide slot with a slightly tapered base.
2. Attach one end of the HDMI cable to your computer. Typically, the wider end of the HDMI cable will be facing up.
3. Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into your TV. It will fit into the HDMI slot on the back of your TV, though sometimes the HDMI slot faces parallel to the TV screen rather than away from it.
- If the TV is on, your computer will usually automatically detect it and switch its display output to the TV.
4. Switch to the HDMI input using your TV remote. If your TV only has one HDMI input, simply switch to that input’s number; otherwise, you will need to find the HDMI input that your computer is connected to.
- The HDMI slot on your TV will typically have a number beside it; that number the the input number for HDMI.
- In most cases, you’ll press Input on the remote to bring up the Input menu, then use the remote’s arrows to navigate to the HDMI input number (e.g., “Input 3” or “HDMI 2”).
If your computer does not have an HDMI port, you will need to obtain a USB / HDMI converter. Then simply plug one end of the HDMI cable into the converter, and the USB into your computer.
If you have a tablet that you want to connect to your TV
If you are connecting an Apple iPad to your TV, you will need Apple’s Digital AV Adapter in addition to an HDMI cable. If you have an Apple TV device, you can connect using Apple Airplay. Make sure your Apple TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone or iPad. Swipe up from the bottom of your iPhone or iPad’s screen to launch Control Center, tap AirPlay Mirroring, then select your Apple TV.